|Title||Maintenance Worker – Campground|
|Location||Big Basin – Boulder Creek, CA|
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Regular or Seasonal, Full-time or Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: T.B.D.
General Function: To ensure that all aspects of maintenance, i.e., landscaping, grounds, vehicles, structures, equipment, etc. are maintained in a thorough and timely manner within the park.
1.) General Maintenance
• Ensures park grounds in vicinity of tent cabins, campgrounds and store are maintained to company and agency health and safety standards.
• Cleans fire pits, rake around tent cabins and campsites, turn over tent cabins each day as needed.
• Responsible for storage building/garage cleaning and organization
• Responsible for cleaning laundry room, washing/drying/folding laundry
• Follows approved maintenance and cleaning schedule
• Trash pick-up throughout the entire recreation areas, roadsides, campgrounds. Maintains trash barrels — keep emptied at all times and all areas around trash are to be kept neat and clean
• Maintains vehicle and ensure accurate maintenance records are kept for oil and filter changes, tune-ups, tire maintenance, etc.
• Maintains fuel records (if applicable)
• Maintains equipment by keeping in good running order and perform necessary repairs
• Performs necessary repairs as needed and/or directed for the following:
• Structure repairs and maintenance
2) Employee and Management Relations
• Notify supervisor of any major repairs needed
• Notify management of any issues such as water, sewer and electrical issues which need agency assistance
• Ensure all purchase and work orders are clearly defined for purpose and urgency
• Maintain professional and friendly attitude with all TCPC management and employees and park personnel
• Abide by all park rules and regulations
• Obey all speed laws as posted. Vehicle codes apply within the recreational areas
3.) Customer Relations
• Maintain highest level of customer satisfaction in all aspects of the operations.
• Empower staff to exceed the guests’ expectations whenever possible.
• At all times every employee of TCPC is to be polite, helpful and courteous to the customers and fellow employees.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: The Maintenance staff will use various tools and equipment on a daily basis. Footwear required shall be a work boot or a high quality leather shoe providing ankle support. No open toe sandals or flip flops are allowed on the job. Protective guards shall be required for all appropriate occasions: including gloves, goggles, galoshes, masks, long pants, and long sleeve shirts according to the nature of the task. The Maintenance staff will be knowledgeable in the safety practices and standards set by the company, relative to the work environment he/she operates in. He/she will also make it a duty to assure that all co-workers are working with those same safety practices and standards.
Physical requirements: O-Occasional (1-33%), F-Frequent (35-66%), C-Continuous (67-100%)
1) Standing C 2) Walking C 3) Sitting O 4) Lifting O to F 50# 5) Carrying O to F 50# 6) Pushing O to F 50# 7) Pulling O to F 50# 8) Climbing O 9) Balancing O 10) Stooping F11) Kneeling F 12) Crouching F 13) Crawling O14) Reaching F 15) Handling F16) Speaking F 17) Hearing C 18) Seeing C 19) Depth Percep O 20) Color Vision O
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Boulder Creek, CA 95006
Big Basin Redwoods Park Company
Phone: 831-338-4745 (Ext 10)